Sunday, March 21, 2010

SPRINGTIME

9 comments:

Bitsa Lit said...

I love water lillies... they just look so tranquil sitting on the little ponds and everything...

Anonymous said...

this is such a beautiful shot!
thanks for the comment on my blog :-D

wylde otse said...

hey thanks guys. thing about this flower is that it is beautiful for EVERYONE.

Calli said...

This is lovely, thank you for sharing it. And, thank you for that really sweet comment.

Hope you're having a great beginning to your Spring!

Calli

Bitsa Lit said...

lol! Im super envious that you get to go to Nepal... how cool is that!!
I havent had one of those intensly spiritual moments in a little while... I think the last time was last year...
I was walking home late at night and I saw a mother deer and her baby that had just crossed the road. I dont know why I looked to the road but I did, and I saw another baby (much younger than the other) on the grass seperater between the road lanes... I looked back at the mother deer, she looked hard at me and I knew that we both knew what was going to happen... slow motion hit me... I looked back at the baby in the road and bolted for it, hoping to push it before the car that I hadnt actually even seen yet hit it. (total instinctual overtake) I was too late. It died in my arms... for the most part (I wont get into details) and I remember the mother deer looking back at me, pouring the loss into me before she ran into the tall grass with her other baby.

A few days later I was walking a little ways away from where the accident happened and in the woods by the edge of the road I saw a deer and a baby following me and looking at me with those huge dark eyes,... I know it was her.
Im sure she was saying thank you.

CSD Faux Finishing said...

Seeing water lillies reminds me of being a kid and vacationing in Maine every summer. We'd canoe around the lake by the cottage and there were always tons of flowers. This is a beautiful shot :-)

wylde otse said...

Thank you for the nice comments :o)

Consciousness is awareness and understanding and intelligence; not exclusive to humans.

Not only in other animals (as anyone who has paid attention to a close pet already knows), but plants too have awareness. A sunflower tracking the sun could simply be on 'automatic' much like, say, our heart beating without our usual conscious direction or internal awarenss of the 'workings', but,
this is not proof that the heart or flower is not aware of itself.
Consciousness is likely a pervasive quality of cosmic abundance in the living and 'non-living', differing only in degree.
Cosmic conciousness, or all-awareness, is not unreachable either. The key is love. In that state it is possible to look into the face of a flower, or the eyes of a deer, and clearly see the divine spirit: glimpse one's own soul.

SarahA said...

Spring seems so far off *sigh* I can feel Winter awaiting round each corner and I dream of those Mid Summer days.
Perfect Water Lilly and captured perfectly.

wylde otse said...

The Heart Of Everything hides within itself - can you find it ?